- Are you an experienced Podiatrist and passionate about regional health?
- Join a leading provider of community based allied-health services
- Excellent remuneration package circa $84,735 - $102,583, including base salary, super, salary sacrificing, rental assistance and a flight home!
- ADDITIONAL benefits include travel subsidy for outreach trips & relocation assistance!
NWRH is currently seeking a Podiatrist to join their Mount Isa team in a full-time maternity cover role, with the potential to stay beyond the contract end date.
Although based in Mount Isa, there will be travel required to neighbouring communities, generally spending no more than 1-2 nights away from home per week.
Working as part of a tight-knit, multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for delivering podiatry services and community education activities within the community.
Your main role will be to prevent, diagnose and treat disorders of the feet by:
- Examining patients' feet to determine the nature and extent of conditions, deformities and injuries;
- Treating foot disabilities caused by diseases such as diabetes, peripheral vascular disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and other neuropathies;
- Performing minor surgery to remove and improve abnormal conditions;
- Prescribing, arranging the fabrication of and fitting footwear, replaceable pads, supports or other devices to correct foot abnormalities;
- Recording patients' treatments and progress, and evaluating the effectiveness of clinical interventions; and
- Assisting health and community groups by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered you will have or be eligible to obtain AHPRA registration as a Podiatrist.
Whilst post-graduate experience isn't essential, you will need to bring with you a genuine desire to learn from your team, external mentors, and the wider community.
You'll be passionate about providing high-quality care to your clients, and be confident in your ability to independently assess and treat a broad range of clients and conditions.
Importantly, you will be able to connect with individuals from all walks of life as you'll be working with, and treating people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Candidates who have a sense of adventure, an enthusiasm for their work, and who are genuinely interested in getting to know their team and the local community will be well suited to this position.
About the Benefits
NWRH is one of the largest health service providers in North and West Queensland. You'll be joining a vibrant, multi-disciplinary team where you will be well supported and have plenty of learning opportunities!
The successful candidate will receive an excellent package circa $84,735 - $102,583 (commensurate with experience) and including super, salary sacrificing, rental assistance and a flight home.
A fantastic range of ADDITIONAL benefits include:
- Travel subsidy for outreach trips;
- Initial 1 on 1 mentoring; and
- Relocation assistance!
You'll have access to a fantastic support network, from your teammates in Mount Isa, to the wider NWRH team of allied health professionals, ranging from recent graduates to experienced professionals.
You'll be able to have your say in how to best treat clients in your care, with your preferences and feedback taken into account, and have the support of a hands-on admin team to organise everything behind the scenes.
Gain invaluable regional health care experience and make a real contribution to the community - Apply Now!
Any further enquiries about the role or requirements can be directed to Thomas Norton - Acting Integrated Allied Health Manager at Thomas.Norton@nwrh.com.au or 07 4781 9300.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- You will need a current, unrestricted 'C' class Australian Driver's Licence and hold a current criminal record check, or be willing to obtain prior to commencing employment;
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.